Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and we have an easy-peasy gift solution for all of you forgetful partners who still hasn’t found a gift yet. This recipe includes a pre-mix that you can prepare in advance and keep for days when you have a chocolate craving, or you can keep it in a beautiful jar, tie it with a ribbon and add a ‘How to Prepare’ card to give it as a gift! Serve it after your Valentine’s dinner for a sweet, romantic end to the night.
Frozen Chocolate Pre-Mix
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbs cornstarch
3 oz dark chocolate
1/2 cup Heal Vegan Protein Salted Chocolate
An airtight jar or container
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until it resembles fine powder.
- Fill the mixture into an airtight jar of choice.
- If giving as a gift, don’t forget to include the instructions below!
How to prepare the Frozen Chocolate drink:
- Use a ratio of 4 tbs Frozen Chocolate Pre-Mix to 1 cup milk per serving.
- Heat up half the milk in a microwave or saucepan until just warm (below simmering).
- Remove from heat and mix in the Frozen Chocolate Pre-Mix until smooth.
- Add in the remaining cold milk and mix.
- Pour into a blender with 2-3 cups ice and blend until thick and smooth.
NOTE: To keep it vegan, use a mixture of coconut cream and a nut milk of choice so that the texture is thick and creamy.