Who knew a simple chocolate chip cookie would be such a tough nut to crack? We wanted a crispy, flavourful cookie that was as healthy as it was delicious – it took us a few tries to get this recipe right, but we love the final result and we hope you do too! Give it a try and tag us on Instagram to share your creations with us!
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Heal Nutrition Signature Chocolate
2 tbs cocoa powder, unsweetened
2 large eggs
10-20g sunflower oil
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease a baking sheet with butter or non-stick spray.
- Mix all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl, starting with 10g of sunflower oil. The dough should resemble a pliable cookie dough. Pinch off 2 tablespoons of dough and roll it into a ball. If it’s too crumbly, add the remaining sunflower oil.
- Space the balls on the baking sheet accordingly and flatten each one with the back of a spoon. Top each cookie with dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes before removing them.
- Spoon out 2 tablespoons of dough into your palms and roll into a ball. Flatten cookie dough between your palms creating a cookie shape and place on baking sheet. Note that your cookies won’t expand a lot, so flattening is important.
- Optionally place mini chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan so that the cookies can set.